Skip to the content of the web site.
- Rooms containing more than 100 Exempt Quantities of radioisotopes marked
- Areas where the radiation field is in excess of 25 uSv/hr (2.5
mR/hr) marked with
- Equipment containing more than 1 Exempt Quantity:
- Storage areas where radioisotopes such as refrigerators and freezers are
to be marked with Radiation Warning Symbol and the words
"Radiation Hazard " Contact the RSO for labels.
- Work Areas and radioactive materials, contaminated equipment are to be clearly
identified with radioactive warning tape. (Tape available
from Chemistry Stores)
- Misuse (marking non-radioactive material) of radioactive warning tape or
signs is a federal offence.